Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Holidays Part 1

It is getting that time a year again, the holidays.Halloween is only 4 days away now, and in 5 days radio stations will start getting out there Christmas music. By mid November I will be turning the radio station to something different when I hear Jingle Bells or Oh Holy Night.

I have already been asked what my plans are for Thanksgiving and even Christmas!!! At this point I have no idea what my plans are. I personally do not plan 2-3 months in advance for anything, unless is something to do with the performing arts and you have to purchase tickets in advance. 

Thanksgiving for the most part is American holiday. The reason we celibate Thanksgiving is so we can give thanks for what we have, and to recall the first real feast that the Puritan settlers had after they arrived in the Americas. When I have been to large Thanksgiving dinners over the years, and I haven't been more so repulsed by most of the people around me. Stuffing there face until they have to unbutton their pants and burb grossly. When a couch only fits so many, the most annoying person there squeezes his unbutton pants body in between the others on the couch, rhat is my utmost favorite. Not! 
Smaller Thanksgiving dinners/get tog ethers are more my style. Being able to watch a football game munch on snacks, help with dinner, wonder off and take a walk, or just plan nap. 

Thanksgiving is a great time of the year to see family you normally do not see on a weekly basis, but over staying ones welcome in not called for.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment